by Darren McBurnett
- High-quality hardcover photography book with cloth spine and wrap
- Landscape at 12″ wide x 9″ high
- 216 pages of extraordinary photographs
- Intro story and evolution descriptions as experienced by the author
- Fine art photography of the hardest weeks of all military training
Pre-orders feature two options:
- Limited Edition – book signed and numbered by the author, packaged in a cloth-covered slipcase that holds a commemorative, numbered coin; limited availability of 500 books
- Coffee Table Edition – beautiful hardcover book with hundreds of stunning images of Navy SEAL BUD/S training, accompanied by descriptions of what training evolutions encompass
Pre-ordering is the only way to get a first-edition book direct from the publisher before being released to retail outlets. Current timeline is for books to ship mid- to late-summer 2019.
This is not a secret guide on how to graduate Naval Special Warfare Basic Underwater Demolition School (BUD/S). Instead, it is a photography book that gives readers a unique perspective of the first four weeks of basic conditioning phase—widely considered the hardest four weeks of all military training. The photos are beautiful and haunting at the same time. Readers will empathize, gasp, and feel a renewed, deep respect for the men willing to try to become Navy SEALs. Ultimately, what makes these images truly special is they were captured by someone who has lived every moment shown—24-year Navy veteran, retired SEAL, and professional photographer Darren “McB” McBurnett. His unique viewpoint, creativity, and personal knowledge of the subject has resulted in images of BUD/S training rarely seen.
Uncommon Grit includes descriptions of the training evolutions as told by McB from his own experience as a BUD/S student. His sense of humor shines through and you will find yourself smiling and laughing, even as you cringe trying to imagine what it must be like to push your body and mind to these extremes.
For international shipping, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add to Cart to Pre-Order Now!
Uncommon Grit – Limited Edition – Limit 5 per person
Uncommon Grit – Coffee Table Edition